Thursday, June 18, 2009

I never considered having a blog. Who would be interested in what I have to say? But, I've come to learn over the years that there are many Christian women who share the same frustrations, doubts, fears--OK, let's stop and call it what it is, SIN--that I have and still do in some respects. So many places we turn heap more condemnation on us or offer solutions that seem out of reach.


So here's the thing, Jesus loves us with a love that is beyond description; he desires for us to have life and have it to the full. We believe it, but do we have faith in it? Is there a difference between belief and faith? Do you desire to live the life that God intended when He knew you before the creation of time? Let's explore together.


John 10:9-11--I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

I am no expert; I have no credentials. I just love Jesus and would love to share with you what I have learned over the years and what I continue to learn daily as He gently leads me. I want to provide a safe place for discussion and prayer. I love the technology that God has allowed us to develop; it has opened up a whole new world of ministry!

Blessings, Robin







6 comments:

  1. Hi Robin,
    I am really looking forward to your blog. Thanks for doing it! I, for one, constantly need a reminder that only in Him is there life to the full.
    With love,
    Marylou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree. I truly do not know how people survive without Jesus. Life without Him is bleak, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there my friend, I will be following along also....Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing this will be for all of us, Rob! I want to hear what the Lord is teaching you about our seemingly endless struggle, and I want to change the way I view food. I was going to suggest to you that we gather together a group of supporters to encourage one another along this path AWAY FROM SIN. I don't want to wallow in it with others; I want change and determination to be my purpose for checking out your blog, and I'm willing to join with you and others in prayer for one another, rejoicing about things learned and sharing when we're discouraged, only to know that others who read it will lift one another up to Jesus. He IS our Healer, you know! Thank you, Jenny (that sweet daughter-in-law of Robin's) for sharing what God has spoken to you. Later on, as not to go on and on, I'll share a little story that motivates me ... I want others to share, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike Doty taught Jr. High this past week & I was looking over his teaching notes this morning. He had found an amazing scripture that I had not read before. It is Deuteronomy 30:6. Leading up to this scripture God is telling His people that if we acknowledge our sin when he reveals it, turn from it, and instead choose to obey Him with all our hearts, He will restore our lives and the lives of our children & make them propsperous. And then God says in 30:6 (The Message) "God, your God, will cut away the thick calluses on your heart and your children's hearts, freeing you to love God, your God, with your whole heart and soul and live, really live." Life to the fullest!!! What a glorious thing!!! It seems unattainable sometimes through my own human strength & desire, but I have a Lord who will cut away the calluses (fear, pride, walls, unworthiness, & anger) of my heart until it is fully alive in Him. And this promise is not only for me, but God has made this promise to my children also. My personal obedience catalysts a blessing to my children. I will choose to obey, love, admit & turn from my sinfulness, and honor my covenant I made with Christ when I accepted Him as Lord. I will live life the fullest in the gracious promises He has made throughout His word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Jesus! "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart (Psalm 37:4)." Jesus, please place the proper desires into my heart; my part is to delight in You!

    ReplyDelete